Friday, November 21, 2014

What I Love About Cali

I haven't been here more than six hours, but I dig Cali.   I felt a great vibe as soon as I got off the metro in El Centro everything since has just kept that vibe going. 

So what do I love?  First of all, this is a walkers town.  Slick boulevards with lots of lively bars and restaurants.  A reay nice  promenade  along the river complete with lots of street lights and many happy Cali folks enjoying the evening coolness.  My entire walk to the hostel was wonderful, even with the load. 



There are tons of cafes, including the ubiquitous Juan Valdez Cafe, Colombia's answer to Starbucks. 



I also love Cali street food.  I had a new type of pastel made of pollo, arroz, and huevos.  The stand had several dishes of salsas and sauces to dribble on the pastels.  Best stall in Colombia so far. 



Yummers!

Cool architecture, good food, good climate, yeah I like this place.   I finished off my evening with the sweetest mango I have ever had, cut for me at a cart on the street by a smiling maniac wielding an ancient knife.  

I am really looking forward to a full day of exploring tomorrow.  For tonight, this is my favorite Colombian City so far.   


No comments:

Post a Comment