Monday, November 17, 2014

Adios Cartagena

Today I depart for Medellin.  I had planned on taking a bus, as always, but the express bus is 13 hours from Cartagena to Medellin and not cheap.  Last evening I checked on flights and in five minutes I was booked on Avianca, non-stop, and only $50 more than the bus.  This has turned today into and easy day and buys me another day of exploring rather than sitting on a bus.

Speaking of exploring, there is some culture involved as well.  In between crazy street parties, I managed a side trip to the Cartagena Museo de Arte Moderno.  It is a smallish museum with a solid collection of Colombian artists, including Erique Grau.

Grau Sculpture

Grau Charcoal

A local artist who manipulates digital images of Old town streets



No comments:

Post a Comment