Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Green is Good

We hates the other machine, Precious, yes we does....   

There are some things that will give one pause when one is alone in a foreign city. One of those things is the ATM machine saying "Transaction Canceled".  But I need my money, really I do. 

Fortunately this had already happened in Cartagena.   One ATM wouldn't but the Lovely Green ATM worked Bueno.  So I wandered away from the bad, bad Banco Colombia machine and found a green Servicibanco ATM. Y voilà, cash in hand, on with the day. 

This was after the hotel gate key had snapped off in the lock, trapping me inside.  The lovely señorita opened the gate from the outside and accepted my apologies as one accepts the excuses of a pleasant but senile old uncle. Really, it just snapped off.  Pesky key. 

I celebrated the successful money gathering with the strangest pastry yet.  It was a croissant  sort of thing but filled with salty ham and candied pineapple. Good, but strange.  



I walked back to Prado 61, enjoying the bustle of the morning streets.   As soon as rush hour dies down, I will Metro to the bus station and head south to Manizales.  Into the mountains!!

Adios Medellin.  The view from my lovely roof

No comments:

Post a Comment