Monday, November 17, 2014

On to Medellin

I allowed a lot of time.  What with local buses and a new airport and some unknowns, like flying in a foreign country, I figured on the conservative side.  Way conservative as it turns out.  Local bus to a small airport in an old city, should take some time, yes?  Yes, but not much.

Local Buses!!!!

I love Buses!!!


I checked out, walked the short few blocks to the bus stop, with the help of a local cat found the bus and basically stepped on two minutes after I arrived.  39 minutes later I was checked in for my flight.  I would have missed the cute little ariport altoghther if another local gent hadn't told me to get off.  The airport is up a little side street!!

Adios Cartagena!!


What a cute little street to hide an airport on


OK, hours to kill.  Hah!  Street food!!  Ceviche stand!!  Seafood in a cup off of the street.  What could possibly go wrong?  Nothing, of course, it was delicious.


I went for the 9000 peso cup

Ceviche Hombre

It were yummers it were


I wandered around the airport, had an agua, wandered some more.  And then it was out across the hot tarmac to the shiny Avianca plane for Medellin   




Everything else was charmed.  The flight was ontime, my bag showed up on the carousel and I was out the door and on the shuttle bus to Medellin in a matter of minutes.  From the airport to the center of Medellin is about 35 kilometers and a hell of a drop down into a valley.  

My new street


I found my hotel without too much struggle and without too much sweat.  It is so much cooler and drier here.  Perfect springlike temperatures.  I dropped my bag and was back out on the street for walkies before it got too dark in a new town.  Medellin feels like it demands a bit of respect, like Mexico City.  I would not just wander anywhere in this town after dark.  And gringos?  No.   None so far.  Fun fun fun!!!!

The Cathedral     Every city has one

Parque de Bolivar.  Every City has one

The view from my roof right now.

From Medellin Colombia, Ciao for now Muchachas!!!






1 comment:

  1. So I'd love to know what you would have gotten if you went for the 40,000 peso cup vs. the 9,000 peso cup. More of the same or a more varied mix of seafood?

    ReplyDelete