Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cartagena Day Two

Around one corner from my B&B and smack into a tableau

When in the tropics, it is wise to enjoy the mornings and the evenings.  As Kipling noted, only mad dogs and Englishmen venture out into the noon day sun.  I had a lovely brekkie at the B&B (that second B, ya know) and got to going.

Even in the morning, the City Walls were getting a little steamy, yet there was more tramping to do.

The Pope does, indeed, wear a pointy hat, even in the sun.  The heat was building quickly and when this happens, I follow the example of the locals.  Find some shade and a bench.

This beacme my favorite park, two blocks from my B&B.

Spendng my time wisely, I while away the heat of the day.

As the afternoon waned, the party started up again.  Today it was on with a vengance.  

Mustering up the parade.

Below are a few shots of the mayhem.  I learned to watch out for the kids with the long sknny spray cans.  These are super power aerosol cans of shaving cream or something like it.  No one is immune from a good spraying if you hold still too long.  Note the white trails on the back of the girl in black.







 





No comments:

Post a Comment