Saturday, December 13, 2014

Estados Unitos

So yes, the Travel Gods must be paid their due. 

Noon, leave Cuenca by car for Guayaquil.  Four hours.   Flight leaves at 6:32.  Wait two plus hours.  Bag still doesn't make it on the plane.  

Two and a half hours to Panama City.  Nine thirty, the airport shuts like a frogs ass. Wander the terminal.  Sleep on the floor.  2:40 AM on Saturday, the flight leaves for Houston.  No one on the flight so I manage a few hours sleep curled up across the three seats. I don't like Houston. 

Neither does my bag because it doesn't show up at customs.  "Good luck with that" is what the customs guy said.  

Three hours in Houston.   I don't like Houston.  Five hours to Seattle, dozing on a full flight. 

I'm "home" whatever that means.  My bag isn't, but my guy Tyriss says that it did make Houston after I did. Might see it tomorrow.   Four hours of sleep, sort of, in 40 hours.  Three countries, four airports, three flights, 27 hours elapsed travel time.  

Sometimes for the journey, you have to pay the price.  Hey, sleep deprivation is s cheap high.   Ciao for now!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment